Atlanta Car Crash Attorney
Car and auto accidents can be frightening and damaging. But what aggravates the debilitating effect of an accident are the medical bills that often follow in the aftermath of a motor vehicle crash. Besides missing workdays, finding alternate transport and the uncertainty of when you will be back on your feet only makes things more complicated. To top it all, you may need to go through a plethora of paperwork and a legal labyrinth, which only makes you feel overwhelmed. While you may think that you can look into the paperwork yourself for the claims after an accident, you may not be up to it, depending on your injuries. After an accident, you need to give your body time to recover and heal from the injuries and the trauma. However, since the statute of limitations of Georgia gives you only two years to file your personal injury claim, you or your loved one may not have enough time, energy, or strength to prepare the documents and evidence required for a successful claim. This is where a personal injury lawyer in Atlanta can help you. Reaching out to a personal injury lawyer swiftly after the injury will give you time to recuperate at your own pace without worry without having to navigate a myriad of paperwork, document, evidence, etc.
Can you help? I was in a car accident.
In a typical auto accident case, the Party’s insurance company at fault will launch an investigation quickly to avoid paying a substantial amount as a pay-out. While this investigation is carried out, it will be important that your lawyer conducts their analysis. Through this investigation, the personal injury attorney will try to determine:
- Figure out if the driver was not paying attention to their surroundings.
- Whether the driver was distracted while driving.
- Determine if the driver was under the influence while driving.
- Confirm if the driver violated any traffic laws.
- Confirm if the driver was driving without a license
To determine whether the driver was at fault for the circumstances mentioned above, your injury lawyer is likely to go through the following information:
- Reviewing the photographs and reports of the Atlanta police about the accident
- Interview witnesses and go through the witness statements.
- And available, check the video footage of the accident.
- Research the driving history of all the parties involved in the accident.
- Review your loved one’s medical report to determine the most likely explanation for injuries sustained by you or your loved one.
- Recreate the accident scene to understand who was at fault and glean other relevant details to help your case.
What are the Damages you can claim?
When a claim is made for the eligible compensation, your injury attorney will look into the expenses you will incur due to the car crash. Usually, these include, but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses incurred and costs that may be incurred result from the injuries.
- Cost of damage to your property.
- If the accident has severely affected you or your loved one and limits your future earning capacity, then the claim can include it.
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Any loss of wage that results from the accident.
- Loss of intimacy and support
- Pain and suffering
Making a Car Accident Claim
Once the investigation is complete, your attorney will go through the information collected and craft a claim. The claim created by your attorney will be the basis for your lawsuit. The claim will detail the injuries sustained by you and the damages you seek for them. According to the suit, it may also assert that the other driver was negligent and, according to the claim, compensation for your injuries.
Generally, both parties will try to negotiate and settle while the trial preparation is underway to avoid expensive and time-consuming court proceedings. If the negotiations fail, the lawsuit will continue to court, and each Party’s lawyer will argue their case. The court will finally provide its ruling on your claim and award the damages as it deems fit.
Discussing with the Insurance Company
Georgia is an at “fault” car insurance state. What does this mean? It means that if a car occurs or automobile accident, the victims may demand compensation directly from the Party at fault and their insurance company, followed by your insurance company. Typically, the victims first claim compensation from the insurance company of the Party at fault.
Since insurance companies are a business, they typically wish to avoid paying heavy amounts and are likely to persuade or compel you to settle for a sum that might be far below what you deserve and not be enough to cover your losses and expenses.
It would help if you remembered that you do not discuss the accident details with any other party, excluding your injury attorney and the doctors treating you. Discussing your case with anyone else can damage your chances of success and receive fair compensation.
Hire an Experienced Atlanta, Georgia Injury Lawyer Near You
As you can see, a personal injury attorney is vital in such a situation, and I can help you. I am Thomas C Nagel, and I am available to listen to your case for free. We do not charge for the time to determine the viability of a claim. Once we evaluate your claim, we will discuss the matter and decide the best way forward.
If you or your loved one has been in Georgia, it is essential to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Atlanta. I have over 25 years of experience, and my team investigates every issue and identifies all liable parties to pursue total compensation for your injury aggressively. For a free, confidential consultation, call (404) 255-1600 or contact us online. Please check out my client reviews and testimonials here.